Thursday, June 21, 2012

So we're getting rained on sporadically through the day, but that's alright with us.
We've been in need of a good shower or two to relieve our poor plants!

I was out a bit ago and got a few more pictures of the blooms in between sprinkles.

This is the big rose bush that I nursed back to health last summer.  As you can see, I was rewarded for my efforts! :)   This thing is a beast, but its a beautiful beast!



Some of the cute, little pansies I did in the flower garden around the roses. They were one of my grandmother's favorite flowers, so I thought it would be a nice way to remember her.

This is one of the fairies that I painted when Honey's mom and I would have our painting marathons.
You can barely see this girl now for all the flora and fauna around her!


My Tri-Color Butterfly bush is growing well and starting to bloom! It does have a light fragrance to it as of right now.


"The Oddball Rose", as I like to call it, has four good looking blooms on it that should start to open within the next week or so!

I'm going to be moving the one small rose that I thought was going to die because when we had bought it, it looked puny.  But it too now has small blooms and is thriving along with the others, so we shall see what color pops from it!
When I planted all of the new roses, I had five young children helping me and all of  them were trying to make sure the plants had enough dirt and watering!
It was terribly cute to see all of these kids so interested and involved and I have a hard time saying "No" to someone who is so eager to help!

There might be some sewing project(s) coming up soon and I'm looking at card stock in different places because I would like to start a homemade card list this year for all my friends and family.

And for those who know me, I got the pictures of my son's class graduation last Saturday and am very proud and thrilled to say that I am Mommy to a First Grader! Hooray!

I will keep posting as things develop, which seems to happen everyday as far as the garden goes!

L.

No comments:

Post a Comment