Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Storms

There were some wicked storms last night with heavy winds.  A lot of people had wind damage and tree limbs everywhere.  I can't really complain, we've been needing rain because the ground had become so dry and people's crops have been dying from the heat.
It is an issue on every farmer or gardener's mind right now.

The tomatoes in pots were unfortunately blown over due to being so top heavy, but the ones in the garden are bigger and better looking than ever!

I had done some pruning to a few of my plants a few days before the storms rolled in, but I had to go back out this afternoon and spray for the beetles, they wasted no time hopping back onto my roses.

There is new growth on both of the butterfly bushes and I have noticed more little butterflies hovering around lately, along with dragon flies.

I'll be out tomorrow, taking pictures, doing some feeding for the butterfly bushes and more food spikes for the roses, since the local wildlife carried the last one off!
I had placed a food spike behind my white rose bush and came out the next day to find it had been dug up,although I didn't think critters went after plant food.  It definitely had me stumped!

I have a crafting project that I have been working on lately since I have more free time, so I will post pictures of that as well.

That is my story for tonight, have a good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment