Friday, July 6, 2012

Heat Wave

Hello everyone, I hope you all had a good holiday this past week.
There isn't a lot for me to write about at the moment thanks to the heat wave we have all been experiencing.
The only news on the garden is that we have erected a canopy over the veggie garden to keep the sun's rays from frying everything into oblivion.
Between that and my quest to end the beetles, its just maintenance right now on the gardening front.

I'm bringing a few of my painting projects indoors tonight to work on them.
I usually stay out in the sun room for that, but again, its just been too hot.

I have been looking at mediums to use for the card making and came across a friend's thread elsewhere, talking about  Mod Podge.
I haven't used it myself, but from what was being said, its pretty sticky stuff so I'm not sure if it would be worth fooling with.
As of late, the most I have done with glue is putting some tacky glue to a gnome's broken hat top.

I need to also look at a good sewing machine.  The two that are tucked away out in the backroom are small and would not be up to some of the tasks that I am looking to accomplish.
JoAnn's Fabrics had some nice filmy silk prints and such on sale and I am thinking of making a blouse.

Back to the painting, I will be working on the Halloween fairy again and getting as much of her wings covered on the inside as I can.

We are supposed to get a break from the unholy heat on Sunday, so I will be feeding some plants that day and take advantage of the milder temperature!

Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment